Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Little Sister

When I was growing up all I ever wanted was a little sister. I was the only girl sandwiched between two brothers. I begged and begged but I never got one....until.... I was 23 years old and expecting my own daughter. On October 11, 2004 my dream of having a little sister came true. I was excited and jealous all at the same time. Even as a grown woman with children of my own I realized I was no longer my daddy's little girl. I was his big girl. For some reason this reality was so painful for me. All of it melted away when I got to meet my little sister for the first time. She was 4 years old ( I know...I know... why so long) I was 7 months pregnant with my fifth baby. I was so excited to see my dad and have him meet my children. And all my little sister could think about was getting to meet her big sister. I love her so much. Who knew, that even with an age gap and only 4 days together, you could love someone so much and feel that big sister bond. I am so excited to be able to move and be with my little sister. I hope that the next year living with her, I can measure up to the role of the loving big sister. Happy Birthday Monica!! Only 29 days until I am in Texas with you!!




Monica Weaver

1 comment:

  1. THANKS FOR YOUR SWEET COMMENT ! I love it when people let me know if they tried one of my recipes....and if they liked it !!
    Yea ! I'M CLAPPING OUT LOUD !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete