Friday, March 26, 2010

Failing!!!!!

I am a Failure!! I have spent the last month coming up with every excuse I can think of as to why I cant diet... I cant exercise... I cant! I Cant! I CANT!! First and for most let me answer the questions that I was asked a full month ago.
What type of diet am I on? I don't believe in trendy diets I have been burned by too many of them! So I have decided to just eat low calories. I try to consume about 1300 calories a day. Totally blows!!
Am I going to work my habits into my kids life styles too? Yes, we are all in this together!I want to breed better habits in them than I had bred in me. We will definitely be taking advantage of the Texas sun and spend the summer running and playing outside.
What is my goal weight? I have no idea!! I feel like I should really have a goal or all is lost, right? But I don't know what I should weigh because I have not ever lost any weight since babies... so I have no idea what to expect with my body. To start I am shooting for 150 and once I get there I will look at myself and see where I need to go from.
I want to thank wonderful people like my friend Amy for saying she never thought I looked like I weighed 200 pounds. I think this may be one of my draw backs though... I carry my weight so well you would never think me to weigh that much but the pounds are there even if they are portioned well on my body!!

I have included this fat picture of me at 215! I think that this picture makes me look fatter then I did actually did in person. You know... the whole, camera adds ten pounds thing. What do you think... do I look like I weighed 215?

I have managed even with my lack of commitment to bring my total weight loss to 15 pounds. The 30 Day Shred was too much for me. It killed me for the whole day. I want a good workout but not one that I am afraid to do because for the rest of the day I am in pain. The pain never goes away either... it is everyday... no matter how many times you do the workout... you die! I don't want to hurt. I am looking for something new. Just a regular workout not a death sentence!!
My current frustrations with all of this: I am a stress eater... and I am stressed!
My husband and I started this together and he is down 35 pounds and looking great... I am excited for him and frustrated at the same time!
I love food! Good food!! Why is that so bad? Why am I punished for loving a good Mexican dinner, followed by a smooth slice of flan? Why cant these things equal thin?
My daily song is that of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka:
Veruca Salt:
Gooses! Geeses!
I want my geese to lay gold eggs for Easter

Mr. Salt:
It will, sweetheart

Veruca:
At least a hundred a day

Mr.Salt:
Anything you say

Veruca:
And by the way

Mr. Salt:
What?

Veruca:
I want a feast.

Mr. Salt:
You ate before you came to the factory

Veruca:
I want a bean feast!

Mr. Salt:
Oh, one of those

Veruca:
Cream buns and doughnuts and fruitcake with no nuts
So good you could go nuts

Mr. Salt:
You can have all those things when you get home

Veruca:
No, now!!

I want a ball
I want a party
Pink macaroons and a million balloons
And performing baboons and ...
Give it to me
Rrhh rhhh
Now!

I want the world
I want the whole world
I want to lock it all up in my pocket
It's my bar of chocolate
Give it to me
Now!

I want today
I want tomorrow
I want to wear 'em like braids in my hair
And I don't want to share 'em

I want a party with room fulls of laughter
Ten thousand tons of ice cream
And if I don't get the things I am after
I'm going to scream!

I want the works
I want the whole works
Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises
Of all shapes and sizes
And now
Don't care how
I want it now
Don't care how
I want it now

Did you happen to notice that she starts out talking about a goose and turns it into, I want everything and all those things include food!! This is how I feel I want everything and all those things include food!!! I don't care how I want it now!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. ** Hi ! Ok, I finally joined a gym after 20 years of NOT GOING...I always hated gyms...
    iiick !
    However, so much has changed in gyms since I last went.
    I started 2 weeks ago, doing the elliptical and I LOVE IT ! They have flat screen tv's now so you can watch tv and 45 minutes is over before you know it ! I just wear my IPOD anyways, and watch the screen....
    It's amazing.
    I feel so good, it's not even funny.
    Also, I take the weekends OFF, so I can look forward to relaxing on the weekends...

    Also, I don't know if you like to have a beer or glass of wine at night, but I read in GLAMOUR MAGAZINE a few summers ago, that this girl COULD NEVER lose the last 10 pounds and so she totally eliminated ALL ALCHOHOL FOR 6 WEEKS STRAIGHT, AND the ten pounds came off.
    It works...it really does !

    And lastly, when I crave something sweet, I have a cup of tea. It really helps !
    But if I really really have a sweet tooth, then I cave in and have a SKINNY COW Ice cream sandwich............LOVE THOSE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you're already over the hardest part which is admitting that you really want a change in your life. Trying to to fix everything at once can be overwhelming. Losing weight and keeping it off is a combination of becoming more physically active and changing your eating habits, and doing both of those things at once can be completely overwhelming!

    Try for one change at a time. Try changing all family snacks to fresh fruit and vegetables and keeping everything else the same for a month. Once you've got that down, try making two or three dinners a night from only fresh ingredients (no processed or pre-made foods at all). Do that for a month.

    After that keep doing the fruit and veggies for snacks and the 2-3 fresh made meals a night and then start walking 10 minutes a day every day. Do that for a month. Then walk for 20 minutes a day.

    After three to four months all you will have changed is eating more fruit and vegetables and less processed foods and getting more exercise, but you'd be surprised at the difference it will make. Once you see that difference you can continue to make changes, slowly, one at a time.

    I stopped counting calories a LONG time ago. I eat healthy, unprocessed foods and lots of fruits and vegetables and I walk everywhere. Walking is my primary form of exercise.

    You CAN do it! Change your vocabulary from CAN'T to CAN. Do one small step at a time until you've completely mastered it. I KNOW you can do it!

    PS - You are and always have been beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you dont look even close to 215lbs! you look amazing after having 5 kids! i too am the same way about dieting. i suck at it! my hubs is skinny and can eat whatever he wants..but i gain weight just looking at food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, thought you might like this article: http://fedupwithschoollunch.blogspot.com/2010/04/guest-blogger-healthy-beginnings-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this one is good too! http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2010/04/19/one-change-at-a-time/

    ReplyDelete