Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getting Real With Myself and You!!

So... I am tired of people starting video blogs or regular blogs talking about their weight loss plan and never telling you how much they weigh. Um... Hello... you are obviously over weight or you wouldn't be doing what you are doing. So come out and tell the truth!!
Here is the real deal people... I am fat!!! I currently weigh exactly 200 pounds. I have been dieting for 1 month and have lost 11 pounds, and I started exercising 5 days ago.
Questions and Answers
Was I hard core dieting? No.
Do I think the exercising is helping? Yes.
Would I like more results? Yes!!!!
Have I always been fat? No.
What are my weak points? SUGAR!!
Do I come from what is called "fat stock?" Well... I wouldn't say "fat stock" I would call us "pleasantly plump."
Do I really want this? Um...Yes.(sarcastically said)
Am I a self motivator? No.
Am I okay with delayed gratification or do I need instant? Instant, I need results if I am going to be depriving myself of the food that I love and getting up every morning busting my butt working out.
Is this the fattest I have ever been? No... isn't that sick!
What exercise am I doing? Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.
Background Check
When I met my husband at the age of 18 I was 5 foot and 6.5 inches weighing in at a whopping 125. At the age of 20 I weighed 205. Okay you can pick up your chin and ask the question... Laura, what the hell happened to you!?! Simply put I had toxemia with the pregnancy of our first son that caused me to blow up like a whale. At 22 the story was pretty much the same another baby more fat packed on. I never really lost a lot of weight between baby 1 and 2 so during pregnancy 2 I went up to 245. Yuck!! I feel awful even admitting these things. I don't want to hurt any feelings in saying that. I am sorry if that is where you are or possibly bigger in your weight. But shouldn't we say YUCK! What is happened to us. Why are we letting this happen are we really that weak. YUCK!! YUCK!! YUCK!! Anyway... I digress. I have had a total of 5 babies in a real hurry. They are all about 2 years apart, which means no time for my body to ever really recoup. The most I ever weighed was at full term with my oldest daughter and that was a weigh in of 270. My poor body... the hell I have put it through! After every baby it only takes me about 2 months to get back to my pre-baby weight but is that really good when my pre-baby weight is 200 pounds?Now with a 16 month old, done with having babies and 29 years old I want to fix the mess I have made. Don't I deserve to be hot or at least attractive? Doesn't my husband deserve a wife that is confident in herself? (lets face it ladies an amount of confidence is lost when you look at you cottage cheese butt in the mirror)
As I bring you with me on my weight loss journey feel free to ask me any questions. I want to be brutally honest with you. I might fail... I am hoping not. I am tired of trying and waking up 6 months later just as fat as I was. Can you imagine if I wouldn't have failed where I would be today? HOT!!! That's where I would be. Don't you want to be there? I do!!

P.S. Please leave you thoughts or comments as I made need to use them as motivation.

5 comments:

  1. OH GIRL! I feel your pain! I only had 2 babies, didn't have any complications, but can't shake the baby fat...or the fat I gained after my first year of marriage. YUCK! I got married at 135 slowly progressed to 160 and then got pregnant with our first child and got up to 211! I managed to get back down to 180, but then had my second. Thankfully I didn't gain as much with him, but still got up to 211. I currently weigh 185 and HATE it, but I don't eat bad, just don't excersize enough. I blame it on my youngest. He's our little monster. He doesn't like me to work out cuz that means less attention is on him! ARRRRR! He'll be 3 this June and be in preschool in Sept.! By then our oldest will be in kindergarten and I will be FREE...for atleast 5 hours! That is when I plan on really getting down with WORKOUTS! (Sigh) What type of diet are you on? I'm not on any particular diet, but have been substituting fatful or high sugar ingredients with lesser evils, but am STILL overweight! I'm routing for you and hopefully can follow in your footsteps to getting our bodies back and better! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Laura go! With so many kids, are you going to work your new diet/lifestyle into your kids' lives too? How about weeknight family walks and weekend hikes? I lost 10 pounds in about 3 months by cutting back on alcohol (sure you don't have that problem), reducing portions, and walking for 45 five days a week.

    After I have this baby I plan on immediately getting back to pre-pregnancy weight. My husband is on board to help support me and I'm going to sign up for a half marathon to really motivate me to lose the weight once the baby is here.

    I found blogging about losing those 10 pounds was a great motivator. Good luck! I'll be cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Laura! I'll share with you something that has helped me lose weight since having Lucy. It's something a personal trainer told me in a free session I got to go to. She looked at my typical daily food intake and suggested I take the carb-heavy dinners we like to eat (lasagna, pasta, rice dishes, etc.) and eat them for lunch instead of dinner. She said that in the evening, you don't need all that energy because you'll be going to bed soon, so you can have some protein and veggies and be fine. So I've been making "hot lunches" (to be microwaved) for myself and for Dustin to take to work, and in the evenings we have soup (I like to alternate between lentil soup, split pea, 15-bean, etc.) and a salad or vegetable. Or a vegetable frittata or scramble. At first I would feel a little empty after dinner, but I would tell myself that in the morning I could eat whatever I wanted again, and now I'm used to the routine. Just a thought! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave to share all of that personal information with us. I can totally relate. I lost 35 after having my second son, but it is a struggle to keep it off. I've come to the realization that I will never again be able to eat whatever I want without paying for it in my waist line. Good for you for losing 11 lbs! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just for the record Laura, I would never have ever guessed your weight to be 200 pounds. Ever. I've always thought you are beautiful (and I'm pretty sure your husband would agree).

    Thanks for sharing. And good luck with the new changes you are making. I have a friend who has been doing the 30 day shred and says it's been murder to keep at it but it's working. I definitely need to get in shape again. I was carrying Kaya upstairs for her nap today and about woke her up because I was panting so hard!

    ReplyDelete