Monday, May 18, 2009

Books

I love to read! Matthew and I took a trip to the bookstore on Saturday and decided to take the kids with us for the first time. They loved it! We spent an entire hour in the kids section. It was so hard to pick that some of us left unhappy. We all treated ourselves to a new book so it didn't take long for the "Be grateful" speech to ensue. By the time we got to the car we were all grateful and excited about our new books. I absolutely positively love to read!!!! I want my children to have that same passion. How can you go wrong? There are how to books, mysteries, romance and cooking. Books that make you laugh and books that make you cry. Books that scare you and books that teach you. Books that give you so much knowledge and books that when you read them you feel like it was time wasted and lost. (I even enjoy those kind)
Who doesn't enjoy curling up on the couch and the next thing you know you are running through the woods. Branches are whipping around so hard that you can feel your skin being split open and blood sliding down your cheek. The pain in your ribcage is almost crippling, you need air and you need it now. You look back over your shoulder to see how close the massive spider is, stumbling to the ground. You look up and you're Harry Potter. Sometimes after reading a book I can't remember if it was a book I read or a movie I saw. My imagination runs away with me. I love it! Who doesn't enjoy having the knowledge that the pain that you are feeling during pregnancy is nothing more than round ligament pain. Or being able to explain what 1,3,and 75% means when in the last stages of pregnancy. Every book my husband brings home to teach some way to better your business, I read. Every book in our home I have read.
Lets not forget the most important books. Books that teach us about our Heavenly Fathers plan. Sometimes his books might be harder to follow, but the importance of those words is so unbelievable. Take time everyday to hear the words written for you to know him. To know God is to know the spirit of God and to know the spirit of God, we must read. So curl up and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Laura Beth,
    I just found your blog and it is already a favorite. I came over from daughter, Tammie's blog. (godismydelight)

    I enjoy what you write and can tell you are a godly wife and mother. I'm sure you are an encouragement to all who know you and those who read your blog.

    Hattie in TN tligon1@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete