Thursday, May 28, 2009

Emelia Mae


Emelia was born on a snowy April morning but only after I walked 17 miles in the hospital! I was told to help her move down I needed to walk. I had been given drugs to ripen my cervix so I could not leave the hospital but I wasn't changing. So I walked..... all day long I walked. Matthew did a measurement of the coarse I walked and was able to figure out the miles. That evening the nurses finally told me I needed to relax or when I went into labor I would have no energy. (a little late for that) When I finally gave up I went into labor, go figure. I think Emelia was just waiting for her other grandmother from Texas to get here.
Emelia is named after no one. It is just a name my mom said that I liked so she got it. Mae is after my great grandmother on my moms side. We debated between Mae and Rose after both great grandmas on my moms side and we wish we would have done both. We call Emelia by her first and middle name (or Emma) so it would be nice to have another middle name. I think it would have been pretty to have her name be Emelia Mae Rose. Oh well. She will just be like me. My mom always called me Laura Beth Gail though my name is just Laura Beth.
Emma loves to sing, dance and get her way! She has a very out going personality and doesn't show fear. I guess that's her little Aries fire. She is very independent and understands very well what you say and what she wants. She is very smart and a very happy little girl!
Emelia is a huge joy to this family and though she is not the baby anymore she still claims that position. She refuses to give up that spot and I guess that's okay, Dustin seems willing to share it for now. I love you, Emelia!
Emelia concluded the children I wanted since I could remember. I always said I wanted 2 boys and 2 girls and I got that. I not only got that but I got it in that order. I feel so blessed by my Heavenly Father. I feel like he must really love me to give me so much! Then came Dustin!

1 comment:

  1. Lau Deuce,
    You are such a beautiful boy. Grandmother wants to sqeeze you to pieces. I will come to your house to hold your fat little self soon. Have a pleasant day boy baby. Love, Ganny

    ReplyDelete