Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Husband



Last night while laying in my bed, my thoughts turned to my husband. How often I forget him. My life with our kids is so full all the time. I forget to tell Matthew thank you. I forget to show him how much I love him. I always know that he knows. The time that I do have to stop and think he is the first thing on my mind. I wondered how many of us busy mothers forget.
As I lay there listening to the rain pounding on our home and the gentle soft snore of Matthew, I thought of him. With every flash of lightning I could see his face laying there completely unaware of me starring. I wanted so bad to curl up next to him and sleep there under his chin. The two sleeping babies between us prevented me. (this is something I need to change) So I just lay there in thought. My husband, is the greatest man I know. Matthew and I married very young and have spent the years that have followed building my dream, a family. Not just any family but one with lots of kids close together so they will grow up to be friends. One with a stay at home mom to make sure they never feel the fear of coming home to an empty house, or that there isn't to much alone time to be bad in. One with the gospel of Jesus Christ. My young husband has done this all for me!! I think it must be so much more difficult to be a working man then a stay at home mom. Satan is not in my home unless I invite him in, but our husbands out there working are surrounded by him all the time. It must be so hard to always be so strong but Matthew is.
I know that Matthew is my soul mate, he is my other half. I feel so blessed to know him and be a part of his life. He is truly a wonderful man. I think it is important to make time to think of our husbands even when life is full. To maybe turn off the vacuum or tell the kids to go quietly play a game, walk in and wrap our arms around them and thank them for all they do. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, what more could I ask for?

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the photos of you & your family. Your children look so precious! Thanks for your example and encouragement to take time to appreciate all our husbands do for us. Sometimes its easy for us to focus on our kids and other things and take our husbands for granted. May God bless our men as they go out each day to their workplaces.

    ReplyDelete