Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Eliza Lynnae


When I found out Eliza was a girl I couldn't believe it!! I was finally going to get the little girl I wanted. I went in to be induced on December 17 expecting to come home with a baby. After a day full of pain there was no change in my cervix so I was sent home. I should have known then what I was going to be in for. The next morning I went into labor and Eliza came when she wanted. And she still does things that way!
Eliza first name is a church name from a woman alive during the time of the restoration of the gospel, Eliza Snow. Her middle name Lynnae is after my Aunt Lori's middle name. I absolutely have always loved my aunt and I love her middle name.
Eliza is very smart and knows exactly what she wants. Although Eliza is only four when you talk to her you feel like you are talking to a ten year old with a sixteen year old attitude. This fall Eliza will be starting the pre-k program at the school here and can't wait!! Eliza enjoys singing and following her mom everywhere. She is my permanent shadow! If I am doing the dishes she is doing the dishes. If I am working on the computer she is working on her play computer or she likes to pretend she is going to school. Unless she can go to Ganny's house. If she can go spend the day with Ganny and be her shadow, I am left in the dust!
Everything about Eliza is tiny. Her waist is so small she can wear size 18 month shorts and they look cute. Eliza and Emelia wear the same size shoe and it isn't because Emelia has big feet. I don't know any little girl as small as Eliza. I guess it's a good thing since every night she still crawls into our bed and climbs all over her dad like she is a little monkey.
Eliza is a good sister. She is always willing to sing to Dustin if he is crying. She always includes Emelia in whatever she is doing and doesn't like to leave her behind. She does know how to upset her brothers and does it quite often. She wants their attention and that is how she gets it.
Eliza is my best friend and I hope that it always stays that way! I hope that as she gets older she will always want to be with me. I love the closeness my mother and I have and I hope for that with my two baby girls! (my sons too) I enjoy the light that Eliza is to this family and I am so thankful for the gift that she is! I love you, Eliza!

No comments:

Post a Comment